Digital Enterprise Journal completed a study on Modernizing IT Operations for Digital Economy. The study includes insights from more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. The key findings can be summarized in 8 actionable recommendations for end-user organizations
- IT Operations management is becoming an analytics, data management and automation business
- Modernizing IT Operations should be a key part of Digital Transformation strategies
- New challenges can’t be addressed by using old tools
- Start with a business problem, not a technology class
- Putting more people on a problem is not an effective approach
- “Do it yourself” approach is more costly in the long run
- Look beyond operational cost savings – focus on internal and external customer and business value
- There is no alternative for a proactive management approach
Capabilities of more than 80 technology vendors were considered for this study.
Full Executive Summary of the study is below.
For a copy of the full version of the study, please contact DEJ.Modernizing IT Ops - exec summary FINAL for publishing